Tuesday, April 1, 2008

it's windy again outside

...and when it's not the roof caving in, it's the tree falling that I'm afraid of. Of course, that actually HAS happened before, so I believe I am well within my rights to worry. So instead of going to bed, or concentrating on homework, I write in here. And every time the furnace starts, or a dog scratches at the floor, or the wind howls down the chimney, I jump. Anxiety issues? Who, me? At least I have the cat on my lap. If the last sound I ever hear is the cat's purr, it will be a good death. However, it means that this entry will be all over the map, but please bear with me.

According to some reports, Montreal's power consumption decreased approximately 5% on Saturday night during Earth Hour, compared to the previous Saturday night, when the weather was similar. It's a start.

I watched Raw last night; it almost made me feel guilty for not believing Ric Flair was the best thing since sliced bread. It's like looking at certain types of art - you understand, intellectually, that there is great talent behind this, but you just don't GET it, emotionally, in your gut. That sums up Ric Flair to me. He's been credited with inspiring the current generation of superstars across the board. I'm their age, more or less; why don't I remember this???

I was relieved to hear that the Undertaker came out with the MacMahons, once the show had gone off the air. Heck, Deadman beat Flair to become 10-0 in Toronto. I was in the seventh row. And I've heard Taker is quite the one to insist on showing respect for those who come before you in the business. I kept searching for him on the ramp, to no avail. But I'm glad to know that he was in fact there. I wonder if it had to do with not breaking character. I mean, the only time we ever saw Mark Callaway, and not the Undertaker, was in one photo in WWE Unscripted. The look in his eyes is completely different. Even in the special edition magazine they had concocted a few years back, it was always the Undertaker character.

It also makes me wonder whether that's why Batista was wearing shades throughout the HOF and Raw. Reminds me of one fellow in cegep; we could always tell when he'd had a fight with his girlfriend when he'd wear shades on a cloudy day.

Now that Kane is ECW champ, I'm really gonna have to start watching the show. Dammit.

Monday: Discovered two lawyers and a buddhist.

No comments: