Thursday, April 17, 2008

how much thought actually went into this?

Nissan currently has a series of ads on French TV, in which a new consultant is being brought in my management, and that employees have been advised to cooperate with him to the fullest extent. His name? Common sense.

Disclaimer: I drive a 2003 Altima that I despise.

OK, so the message I'm getting here is that Nissan is unfamiliar with common sense, its employees are resistant to change, and only now are they coming around to realizing what every one else already knows works pretty well.

Do these people have a marketing department? Where were they when this was approved? That's what really boggles my mind when I see things like this. It isn't that some creative type at an ad agency thought this concept up. It isn't that the team thought it was worth presenting as an option to the client. It isn't even that someone selected it, approved it, and had it produced. It's that throughout this entire process, either no one stood up and said "Excuse me, but doesn't this essentially say we're MORONS?" or no one listened to said person. *shakes head*

Never again a Nissan.

(191)

No comments: