Friday, April 18, 2008

the oddest side-effect of migraines yet

I realized something very strange this morning. I’ve been complaining for the past week or so that the well of words seems to have dried up, that I need to prod myself along to string sentences together, and that even then, the results are uninspiring at best.

Yesterday, I had a migraine. One of those star-seeing, pull-the-drapes-shut-and-go-back-to-bed types. When five foot seven seems so far off the ground, the beeps of the touchtone phone hurt and keeping your eyes open is an event worthy of Olympic status.

By last night, the fog had lifted, and I realized the words were back. I’ve written three different posts both yesterday and today, and I have plenty more to say, on a variety of topics. I’m not entirely sure what to make of it. Is it a preemptive measure, i.e. shutting down all non-essential functionalities? Or an indicator, like atmospheric pressure dropping before a storm? Whatever it may be, it will definitely be worth keeping an eye open in months ahead (since I get migraines on a fairly regular basis) to see whether there is any kind of discernible pattern.

Wednesday in six: Road trip - living like a rockstar.

Thursday: Migraine: when my brain goes awry.

Friday: Made a true friend at lunchtime.

(210)

No comments: