Sunday, April 13, 2008

hitting the wall

Now, I had always thought that this referred mostly to physical endeavours, such as running marathons. But once again, the "Next blog" button has taught me something. In this case, I stumbled across a blog run by a stitching circle, and one of its members stated she'd "hit the wall" and not stitched anything in the longest time.

Maybe then, that's an apt description for the loss of words I have been feeling this week. Unfortunately for me, I am well aware of the following:

1) Finishing projects is something I have to work on a lot. I always seem to be full of energy to start things, but then, things sputter out and half of nothing ever concludes. Not with this - I will not let that happen.

2) The best way to break through the wall is to run/stitch/write through it. So there.

In other news, I've realized I am turning into a "Word Count" whore. I want to NaNoWriMo, I want to write 1,600-odd words a day in preparation, and I keep going back to word count everything I do...is this a good thing? I don't know. I keep thinking it's like weighing yourself every day - it just gets obsessive after a while. Yet, numbers are indicated below, in brackets :-)

(214)

No comments: