Monday, March 31, 2008

disappointing results

It's a day past Earth Hour, and photos are cropping up online. The photos of the Detroit and Toronto skylines spoke volumes and took my breath away.

Then, consider the panoramic shot of Montreal during the same period.

I thank city hall and SITQ buildings for their efforts, but overall, I can't help but be disappointed. I believe, sadly, that Josh Freed was right when he stated in the Gazette late last week (or was it this weekend?) that people are just too busy to care.

Of course, I'm not having kids, and the earth will likely still provide for the rest of my natural life, shortened as it may be by pollutants and toxins. So this won't even really affect me and mine. And I have very little faith in the long-term survival of mankind. Still, it's sad that people just don't bother.

Saturday: Learning to love self-imposed darkness.

No comments: