Tuesday, March 25, 2008

miscellaneous

Sometimes I wonder whether my brain has a daily quota. That's the bit I worry about when I think ahead: translating all day, freelancing at night, between homework assignments...and yet I want to NaNoWriMo. If there is such a limit, I guess I'm about to find out.

In the meantime,

Sunday: Pineapple-glaze ham, under charged. Yum.

Monday: Long weekend over. Freelance, homework, presentation.

Tuesday: Presentation over with, vanilla bean latte.

In other news, this Saturday (March 29) is Earth Hour. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, and I'll be able to take a walk during that time. Help the earth and get some fresh air! I really hope that downtown Montreal businesses will come aboard. I want to see the cross on Mount Royal go out. I want to see Hydro Quebec pull the plug on its corporate headquarters. Heck, I want to see...darkness.

Speaking of darkness, if you ever want to experience a really interesting culinary evening, head over to O Noir restaurant, on Ste-Catherine Street West, near the Faubourg. Eating in utter obscurity is something else; never in my entire life had I smelled red wine like that, and I don't even drink wine! I vaguely remember the food, but it's really secondary to paying attention to every other sense. It's fascinating, and I highly recommend it.

No comments: