Sunday, March 30, 2008

the lord of darkness rules once more

16 and 0, baby. 16 and 0. After all these years, I am still a devoted creature of the night.

I did pretty good overall, nailing 6 of 9 predictions, 6 and a half if you count my "dark horse" pick of CM Punk. The only ones I was really off on were Finlay vs. JBL and the WWE championship, and the latter I knew was really a coin toss.

As usual, bravo to the money in the bank partipcipants for new, unsafe ways of using ladders (particularly John Morrison up the tilting ladder.) I would have liked to see what Shelton Benjamin was planning when his ladder folded sideways under him. And welcome back to Matt Hardy; I'm always fond of announced returns.

I forgot to predict the winner of the battle royal vs. Chavo, but those who know me know I would've picked Kane, although I would never have guessed the way it played out. Thanks for stopping by, guys.

I'm guessing Batista has a sore back; powerbombing Umaga, even lopsided, is sheer insanity.

The Flair exit was well-done, overall.

The worst part of Wrestlemania had to be the order. Much as I love the deadman, his match should not have been the main event, simply because of its predictability. I'm assuming Mayweather had the second-to-last written into the contract; IMHO, he should have been on while it was still light out. Triple threat for the WWE championship three from the end? That's preposterous; on the other hand, I can imagine the effect of an Orton victory closing Wrestlemania...

Best Wrestlemania ever? Not by a longshot. Worth $55 on PPV? Every penny. Long live the deadman, at least to 20 and 0...

No comments: