Sunday, October 26, 2008

one week to go

And I'm still a little over 2,000 words shy of my target, which was to reach 50,000 on my blog before NaNoWriMo rolled around. That shouldn't pose a problem for this week, considering I haven't been counting some of my other posts, such as PPV predictions and the posts I've logged onto the NaNo forums. Am I making excuses again?

Then again, the evening is still young, and I'm nowhere near tired yet, so there is yet a smidgen of hope. No, I jest, I won't wrack myself in the next hour or so. So you think you can dance is on.

I'm a really, really awful procrastinator. Even when I'm fully aware I'm engaging in it, I refuse to pull away. It's always a choice, I gather...why must instant gratification be so gosh darned gratifying? I guess that's something else I've learned: to do NaNo with any degree of success, flip the laptop Internet switch off until the word count is attained. There. I said it. Whether I actually do it next week is, or at least may be, a whole nother story.

(184)

No comments: