Monday, October 27, 2008

goal before bed

In honor of what NaNoWriMo is likely to be, I figured I would find a way to reach my goal of 50K by the end, not of the week, but of this weekend. At the same time, I wanted to write at least those 1,667 words on both weekend days. So here I am, 2,090 words later, just 110 words or so short of the finish line I had drawn in my head. The same one I figured I would never reach this weekend; lo and behold, there it is, just a few lines away. So while I Want to Work for Diddy plays in the background (am I the only one who is amazed that that plus-size African-American lady made it so far ? I remember coming across the show in the first week or so, and thinking there was no way in heck she would survive. Yet there she was, in the final four! But I gotta admit, her dismissal was a glorious bit of karma. But I digress.), I keep rambling away to make sure that my fingers reach over that invisible line in my mind.

Done. Time for bed.

(194)

No comments: