Thursday, May 1, 2008

now imagine my brain on drugs

I had my first class of the spring term this evening.

Our professor came in, wearing a beige blouse, with a floral pattern of darker gold, pastel yellow, dusty rose and two shades of green. Which perfectly matches the dusty rose wall behind her, the chalkboard, the beige walls, the corkboard, the yellow notice on the bulletin board and the chair backs. It was really all I could focus on for the first half hour or so. I tell you, it's been rough going at the office lately!

By the end of class, all I was thinking was, "One down, twelve to go." And then my Buddha chant flooded my mind: shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up. I will try real hard to apply that wisdom next class.

On the other hand, I had a few really good ideas about my NaNoWriMo story on the train home. I guess being tired lets the good kind of weird ideas float to the surface...

(178)

No comments: