Saturday, May 3, 2008

more art

I've been perusing the "blogs of note" archive, and I've found two more that struck my fancy. Both are art-based. They also sent me scrambling back to the Sketchbook Month blog, too. Mmmmmmm, yummy graphic goodness.

The Post-It Project

Papiers Collés

They also make me think my blog, even though it was started as a tool to help me develop discipline in writing, could stand a little more of my own art. I tend to be a really jill-of-all-trades-kinda-have-my-nose-in-all-kinds-of-different-things kind of person, and my blog doesn't really reflect that. Yet.

Something I have learned from the Post-It Project, though, is that I do actually suffer from "blank page syndrome"...not in writing, but in graphic arts. (I do mostly drawing, with some painting/multimedia stuff thrown in for variety.) And I am convinced it is a question of confidence. My drawings, when they do escape my brain, are small and timid. Now that that has reached my conscious mind, though, I'll try to work on it. Post-Its beware :D

As with my bio, more to come.

(174)

No comments: