Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rumble predictions

Hey, I've actually made it a whole day before the PPV...not procrastinating so much is kinda part of my cleanup resolution. It's about cleaning up my to-do lists, I guess. So here goes:
  • Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy: Hardy held the title for a good while, and Jack Swagger has been on a roll (from what I've seen - I'm still not totally on board ECW.) So I don't see anyone interrupting that push right away. Besides, having Matt "free" may come in handy in coming months, if the rumors are true. Jack Swagger retains.

  • John Cena vs. JBL: Yawn. Unlike many, the whole HBK storyline isn't really doing it for me. However, I refuse to admit that JBL could walk away with the belt, especially since Cena has a new movie coming out. Cena retains.

  • Beth Phoenix vs. Melina: Should actually be interesting. I'd love to see Melina coming out on top, perhaps with inadvertent assistance from Santino or Beth's new pet, Rosa whoever.

  • Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: This is almost as tough to call as the Rumble itself. I could certainly see Jeff retain against all odds and his attacker revealed. Besides, Edge is so cute when he's angry and bitter. On the other hand, said attacker may well help Edge recapture the gold (7 second pose, anyone?), and it would avoid having Jeff main event Wrestlemania, just in case...then again, there's always No Way Out. Well, if the face wins this, then a heel must win the Rumble, or vice versa. Edge to win, attacker revealed, setup for Jeff vs. Cage at No Way Out. (Or Cage wins the Rumble and Hardy retains, but I doubt it, since I can't imagine giving Cage the Wrestlemania main event on his first night back.)

  • Which means a face wins the Rumble. Although the Big Show could be funny, to face Edge. But it isn't Wrestlemania material. After last week's punt (nicely done, too), I can't imagine Orton's future right now. Maybe Jericho, or Triple H. I'm still seeing a major player/former champion taking it, maybe even a former winner. Dark horse is CM Punk.

No comments: