Sunday, January 25, 2009

On the Rumble

In some cases, my reasoning was totally off, but results-wise, I was pretty close, essentially calling everything but the rumble itself. So they take Jeff's belt away, but they give him the one thing he says he hasn't accomplished yet: fight his brother. Should be fun - god knows his fight against Edge was, if you exclude the presence of the Guerreros.

Melina has to learn not to sell the result of the match as she's approaching the ring. I know you're excited, honey, but take a valium.

Could someone please remove weed from the wellness program and re-hire RVD??!? His pop was off the charts, as it should be. It was nice to see MVP generate interest as well, and I thought Morrison, and the whole first 5 or 6 participants, were very interesting - fast-paced, bouncy...until of course, they decide to throw in the Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov. Yawn.

For a moment, there, I was afraid that Triple H would once again overcome the odds and headline the 25th edition of Wrestlemania. Ho hum. But now, they've actually gone with the much-improved Randy Orton. Yay! Which reminds me - certain people have been ranting and raving about the young Debiase, seeing in him the next Randy Orton. I generally concur that he is Orton-esque, but there's one slight problem: we already HAVE a Randy Orton, and he ROCKS. On his own. No legacy needed.

No comments: