Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On Armageddon

Overall, my predictions were totally shaky, but in most cases, boy was I happy to be wrong.

A few notes:

I should have figured that Kozlov's undefeated streak would not end quite yet. I wonder who'll they'll bestow the honor to. I really don't care, the man consistently fails to impress me.

I didn't think I'd be so...pardon the pun...right on the nose (I warned ya!) about CM Punk's difficulty in administering a GTS to five-foot-six Mysterio. Ouch. Still, that was one of the top matches of the year, entertaining as all get out.

I am thrilled to see Jeff Hardy win the belt, finally; then again, I gotta wonder whether the WWE isn't hedging its bets by giving it to him now, as opposed to WrestleMania. Just in case he should screw up again...I sure hope not, but now the field is waaaay-wide open for the Rumble. Unless something materializes in coming weeks, I'm seeing an already-top contender, maybe even a previous winner, taking the rumble match. Dave would be nice, but now it appears he's out with a torn hamstring. Really wishful thinking? Kennedy. There's a guy who deserves a push, if only he can stay healthy.

On a side note: the Tribute to the Troops show was down to one hour, and had all of two matches. Two. *sigh*

And lastly, man was it nice to see Trish again. Makes me realize just how much work lies ahead of our current slate of divas. Either that, or it sends me running to TNA, which I can never quite stand for very very long. Somehow, I knew Kelly Kelly would not main event, and being in Toronto, right before Xmas, they had me hoping against hope that we would see our Canadian bombshell (sorry Maryse, your official title is our Montreal sexpot.) for a one-night-only return. Besides, against Beth, it could only be good. And yummy goodness it was. She could still show Triple H how to throw a punch.

No comments: