Saturday, November 1, 2008

addendum to my last post

It also dawned on me that there are some merchants who donate their walls so that youth empowerment organizations can help youths take pride in their communities and give back by painting murals. We hear about them every summer. I gather they're probably done in graffiti style too. I wonder if those are "mediocre" too, according to Ms. Siebrand.

That's what I hated about attending university in a fine arts program. Beauty is so very much in the eye of the beholder, and yet here we are, debating which kind is better. Can we just agree that the world needs more art? The best will out, not by who proclaims it so, but simply by those who remember it.

1 comment:

Mady said...

And see? This is PRECISELY one of my themes in MY Nano novel!!

MadyV