Monday, August 18, 2008

5/8

As soon as I published my predictions, I realized they were a little face-heavy, so I knew I would be off on some matches.

I nailed the four main matches, and technically Matt hardy did win (so I gave myself a half point), and Shawn will be back (another half), regardless of what he said. (Points to Rebecca for taking that punch - it looked really, really good.)

I screwed up on the Winner Take All match; I'm OK as far as the Women's title is concerned, but I really miss the days when the IC title meant something. Now it's just for the king of the mid-carders.

It really is too bad that they haven't just thrown Jeff Hardy right back in the mix after coming back from his suspension. I am pleased for MVP, who I believe has grown by leaps and bounds since breaking out of that Matt Hardy rut. By the way, am I the only one that thinks CM Punk is the happy recipient of the path that had initially been laid for Jeff Hardy?

I also wonder whether Cena hasn't gotten so comfortable in being the company's spokesperson/go-to guy/whatever that he's forgotten to be a little selfish, a little hungry for the title?

Lastly, HIAC matches are awesome enough as it is, especially when they turn into TLCIAC - they don't need that fluffy, what the hell was that ending. I wish they'd leave the ring surface well enough alone. It might impress the kiddies, but it really doesn't do the wrestlers justice, and it doesn't do it for me.

(266)

No comments: